Testing a distributor???

Still working on my stalling problem. Thus, I was wondering how I could
test my distributor. I measured resistance on the coil and it seems to be
in spec. Unless the Hall sender is losing it when the car gets hot. I can't
see why the hall sender would wait for the car to get hot though. I start
to hear the sputtering like little backfires from the tailpipe. Sorry, no
Bentley. I won't be needing one either, because if I have to put more than
$100 more into this thing, it is as good as gone!

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul
- --