Re: Rocco dies after 1/2 hour of driving

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:31:18 -0400 Paul Hanley <credere@worldnet.att.net>
writes:

>C'mon, I keep my engine in good shape.

Im no mindreader and I cant remember the condition of everybodiers car.
it wasnt a Dis'.

>-snip of some helpfull detains, thank you.-
>So pleez, some suggestions are welcome. C'mon Shawn, I know you have
>the friggin answer. I am also a bit worried about the cheezy orange
spark
>I get at the distributor cap for the plug wires, and 15kV at the coil
wire
>seems low. Whaddayathink???

Thats right, I do know the anwser to everything. I forgot. Silly me. :)

Well now, this new info does bring some light to your problem. orange
spark, eh? Well, as we all know, orange is bad, N-kaaay. Sounds like it
definately could be your coil which when hot, is not putting out enough
to keep the car running. Since you have a new cap & Rotor, this could
definately be the remaining problem child, excluding the wires. How did
you test the wires out of plain curiosity?

Thats WhaddaIthink.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and