Re: Rocco dies after 1/2 hour of driving

>I didn't catch what the problem with the car was, but I see you didn't
>replace the coil, have a weak orange spark, and the coil reading is out of
>spec. Hmmm, you might try getting a new coil. They're probably about 5
>dollars from a junkyard, what the hell, get two!

Had one lying around from my other VW and it still does the same thing. You
mention "out of spec". What is the voltage supposed to be at the coil? I
think Mark@AAB has new ones for $48.

>get a nice bright blue spark. Did you try the ground strap fix yet? I'd get
>new battery cables too.

Well, I have one to the head, and to the chassis at the coil. Awaiting
voltage spec, I am very interested in that. Thanks.

Regards,
Paul Hanley

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

- --