Re: Test and Tune

When do you launch? Do you leave when the last yellow is lit or do you
wait until the green is lit? If you were using the "OTHER" tree, try and
launch the car when the last yellow is lit. I know it sounds qwrong to do
this but the time it takes you to get the car rolling, your reaction
times will be greatly improved. (as well as your E.T.

What do you launch at, RPM wise? idle? what?
I dropped the clutch at about 2800 rpm( give or take), but I had trouble
getting the right amount of traction off the line and came close to
stalling it a few times because of it.

What are your shift points? (do you have/use any?)
I generally shifted right at redline, maybe I shouldn't have?

How do you prep the car for the race? (or do you just run what you

I basically run the car as is, what should I do to race prep it?

Rich

"Do you know why it's called the American Dream?........Because you have
to be asleep to believe it."-George Carlin

Rich Deede
University of Delaware(Comm. major)
1987 VW scirocco 16v

- --