Re: Test and Tune

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:58:32 -0400 (EDT) Rich Deede----TOOL FAN
<rdeed@udel.edu> writes:
>Hi everyone,
>I finally brought my car to the race track this past weekend to find
>out what my car can do in the 1/4 mile.
>Reaction Time= .687

Reaction time is of course, the time it takes you to leave the line once
the green light is lit. Depending on what tree format they used, you
either used a "PRO" tree, or the other tree, which I forgot what the name
of it is.
The Pro tree is a 4 tenths tree. That means the yellows lights all light
up, then the green. A reaction time of .400 would be perfect. If you were
using a PRO tree, you would of had a respectable reaction time,
especially since you were the new kid.
The "OTHER" tree, is where they light each yellow at a time until you get
the green light. A perfect light would be .000. Any faster and you
redlight.

>1/4 mile=      16.213@
>mph=            85.10mph

Very respectable..!

>I think I can get a better launch next time and hopefully I can crack in
>to the 15's.

When do you launch? Do you leave when the last yellow is lit or do you
wait until the green is lit? If you were using the "OTHER" tree, try and
launch the car when the last yellow is lit. I know it sounds qwrong to do
this but the time it takes you to get the car rolling, your reaction
times will be greatly improved. (as well as your E.T.!)

What do you launch at, RPM wise? idle? what?

What are your shift points? (do you have/use any?)

How do you prep the car for the race? (or do you just run what you
brung?)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and