Re: Rocco dies after 1/2 hour of driving

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:08:22 -0400 Paul Hanley <credere@worldnet.att.net>
writes:
>Hey All:
>
>After driving my roc for 30-45 mins or so, it dies.

Highway, constant speed driving, or around town, stoplight to stoplight
driving?

>Now, I can only think this is a coil problem right?

Nope. Could be many things at this point. Coil, fuel pump, water temp,
ect.

> It also has a kinda hard time starting after
>it dies. It only tries to die at idle though. The tach dips, dips again,
>then kaput. Geez, it's pissing me off lately. And to think I wanted to
keep
>it even if I get a new Jetta!

Its tough to be able to pinpoint this problem not know the condition of
the car. You could start replacing items until it stops. That can be a
spendy endeavor, but then again, gives you lots of spare parts as a plus
side.

It just might be that your warm idle speed is too low. Ever thought of a
1/4 turn on the idle screw? Id try that first myself. Then start spending
CA$H.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and