Oil cooler woes

Well, I pulled off the oil cooler on my '83 and pressurized it under
water.  It was leaking all right.  It then occured to me that I had
another one on my 16V engine behind our house.  So I pulled it off
and tested it out. It didn't have any leaks so I put it on.  It will
at least allow me to clean the cooling system until I can afford to
get a new one.  I have yet to find a price under $100 for a new unit.
                   Kris Rayner
       1983 VW Scirocco - (Bad oil cooler)
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
            "What, behind the rabbit?"
                veritech@fix.net
        http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/2422/
- --