Re: Voltmeter (where to hook it)

Brett VanSprewenburg wrote:
> Ok, I mentioned this months ago...
>
> Look in your Bentley manual wiring diagrams...when I added a voltage
> gauge to my 16v, I hooked it to the wire behind the fuse box which was
> labeled 'VOLTAGE GAUGE' in the Bentley wiring diagram.  Clever huh?
> :-)
>
> I was running 13.5 volts. I upgraded my grounds, starter, and
> alternator lines with massive cables, now I run 13.8 volts solid.  No
> flicker or wavering.  Just a bit of a decrease if I run the lights.
>
> ==Brett

Never had any reason to look up wiring on voltage gauge in my Bentley.
It's nice to know that kinda of stuff is actually in there, though.

On the voltage "boost" itself, I kinda did the same thing.  I ran a
4-gauge (maybe 2-gauge, I don't remember anymore) cable from the back of
the alternator directly to the battery.  It helped, but I still don't
all the voltage I want.  However, it does seem to adequate.  Maybe it's
time to do some of the ground wires, too....

Dan
'86 8v red martian

   mailto:nowlan@flash.net
   http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/