Voltmeter (where to hook it)

> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Daniel A. Nowlan wrote:
>
> > Brian Honnold wrote:
> > >
> > > How do ya'll have your voltmeters hooked up?  I just plugged mine into
> > > the same power wire that runs to the oil temp guage and I get some
> > > funky  readings.  Like 13 when cold, 12 when the fan comes on and a
> > > jumpy needle with the turn signals.
> >
> > Well, mine is hooked up stock like this: BLUE AND WHITE striped wire
> > that is hot when the ignition is on and a BROWN wire that's the ground
> > to the back of the gauge.  I normally run about 13.2 volts with the car

Ok, I mentioned this months ago...

Look in your Bentley manual wiring diagrams...when I added a voltage gauge
to my 16v, I hooked it to the wire behind the fuse box which was labeled
'VOLTAGE GAUGE' in the Bentley wiring diagram.  Clever huh? :-)

I was running 13.5 volts. I upgraded my grounds, starter, and alternator
lines with massive cables, now I run 13.8 volts solid.  No flicker or
wavering.  Just a bit of a decrease if I run the lights.

==Brett
- --