to bolt or not to bolt

hey all,

for those of you who have not been following
my recent trials and tribulations, I bought an
'82 with a sheared steering rack stud.
I dropped the tranny last night to "easy-out"
the broken stud, but it wouldn't come out.
So, I'm just going to drill the whole thing out
and re-tap it.
My question is:
should I replace it with another stud, or will a
bolt with alotta Loctite be sufficient?

Normally I would just bolt it, but being an important
function (steering), I'm a little nervous that a bolt
may back itself out.

BTW, there is no way to get to the back of the stud,
so I cannot use a nut from behind with the bolt.

Alex Ting  (one broken rocco and one semi-broken rocco)

Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
8303 Sierra College Blvd., Suite 150
Granite Bay, CA 95746

Phone: 888-801-2001 or 916-797-9998