Re: I'm Now owner of a MKII

At 08:36 PM 9/12/98 +0000, Kris Rayner wrote:
>Well, I boughtt the MKII that I posted about earlier.  It's silver
>with black leather interior, AC, just loaded.  The owner was driving
>it and had the oil light come on.  He pulled over and oil was coming
>out of the coolant overflow.  It was torn down, but no cracks were
>found in the head, so they assumed it was the block.  Well, I've
>never heard of the 1.8 blocks cracking, but I thought "things
>happen".  Well, in talking with my dad, he said that the oil sandwich
>adapters are known to crack, leaking oil into the cooling system.
>Anybody else heard of this??????  Sounds believable enough.  I'm
>towing it over this Sunday.  The body is perfectly straight with no
>rust.  Best of all, I picked it up for only $300!!!  But back to the
>question I asked, has anybody else had problems with those adapters
>leaking??
>                   Kris Rayner

I personally have never had problems with these things, but most magazines
and books say do fail frquently.  Definately worth checking.  If that is
it- Great, you got a good deal.

Johnİİ '98  Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİ  Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades, headlight/tailight covers,
penda liner
İİİİİİİİİ '84İ Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
          '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)
- --