Re: S2 weight

At 01:16 PM 9/7/98 -0400, Mark A Peele wrote:
>What kind of drugs does that guy have hidden in his car. Jeez 2375 w/no
>driver? that's a real porker!
>
>Consumer Reports listed the 16V Scirocco at 2282 - which is the heaviest
>U.S. Scirocco (probably the heaviest anywhere).

Yup, it is a heavy car.  Add stressbars, heavy BFGs(bigger and probably
heavier than stock tires), cheap heavy wheels, suspension stuff, it adds
up!  I don't know how much gas he had in it, which could account for up to
70 pounds(probably 1/2-2/3 tank, I believe that car has starvation
problems).  It was the heaviest DSP car in the region, until someone
brought out a Golf GT, which now holds that distinction.  DSP VW, the
Toyota Pickup might be more, and the Opel Manta might weigh more.  Eh,
there's the occasional 4cyl Mustang that shows, it's a barge.  Heaviest VW
by a LARGE margin - his car was heavier than mine, _with_ me in it(I'm a
big guy).

I.Mannix
- --