Re: Suspension advice(lots of questions)

> I could be mistaken, but does'nt the Scirocco use the same external fuel
> pump?  Beyond that, Sciroccos and Rabbits have _TONS_ in common -
> suspension, engine stuff(some of them), eh, pretty much everything but the
> body(and 16v, where applicable) is the same/will fit.

I know that that the rabbits are A1 chassis. The problem is that the rabbits are
all the cheap models, 1.6 & 1.7 liter engines.  They don't really have anything
worthwhile to take off them.  There are no Gti's or anything of that sort.  They
are also really, REALLY beaten to death.  The only reason they are there is
because someone drove it into the ground. Not to stereotype people, but people
around here are rednecks.  They only love V8s and muscle cars.  They don't
appreciate volkswagens. I already found a 4 into 2 exhaust manifold, it is
waiting to be installed.  I am thinking about taking an intake manifold off a
rabbit and port matching it to my audi 5000 throttle body.  That way I can swap
everything at once, and not have to be without a car.

> Really?  I know there's a lot of hillclimb stuff going on up there.  How
> far is Salt Lake?

The porsche club, my dad is a member, has an awesome hill climb nearby.  But they
only allow porsches.  The PCA has an autocross event every other week in Boise.
I might have to steal my dad's car. Heh heh heh!!  I haven't heard of any others
though.  Salt Lake City is about seven hours away.  It  is a really easy drive.
If they had a hill climb event there, I would go for sure.

> You're lucky to have lots of Rabbits in your local junk yard!

I suppose.  They all look haunted though.  Just rusting carcasses waiting to be
recycled.  There is a 1/4 mile circle in town that has a class called mini
stock.  They race old toyotas and economy cars from the seventies.  At one time I
was thinking about putting together a racing rabbit.  2.0 liter 16v, no interior,
konis, neuspeed race springs, big sway bars, upper lower tie bar etc. No one
would know what passed them!  It would be awesome.

Ryan Bailey
1985 Wolfsburg Edition

- --