Re: Suspension advice(lots of questions)

At 12:21 PM 9/7/98 -0600, Ryan Bailey wrote:
I'd probably go to the junkyard and look for a newish
>> pump -
>
>Actually, the fuel transfer pump is on its way out.  $170 is for both the
fuel
>transfer pump and the fuel pump. Quoted from Mike Potter, cheaper than
anywhere
>else.

That's a really good deal!

  I wish I could go to my junkyard and see a scirocco!  There is only one
>scirocco in the junkyard, within a 50 mile radius of Boise.  They have tons,
>and I mean tons of rabbits.  They are all late 70s models and basically
nothing
>valuable to me.

I could be mistaken, but does'nt the Scirocco use the same external fuel
pump?  Beyond that, Sciroccos and Rabbits have _TONS_ in common -
suspension, engine stuff(some of them), eh, pretty much everything but the
body(and 16v, where applicable) is the same/will fit.

> I live in Meridian, Idaho. It is about 5 minutes from Boise.  The  state
>capital for those who don't know.  I Guess I would be a member of the Snake
>River Region.  I remember looking at the schedule  earlier this summer, and
>most of the events were at Mountain Home Air Force Base.  It is only about
1-2
>hours, depending on how fast you drive, we have 75 mph limits here.
Anyway, I
>think they only had one or two events there all summer.

Really?  I know there's a lot of hillclimb stuff going on up there.  How
far is Salt Lake?

 Personally I think I
>need more drive time than that to get into more.  I have driven go-carts a
>little before, so I know that you can only get better  by being in the car.

Yes sir - but even if only one or two events, GO to them!  It'll be fun!

>Thank you for all of the suggestions.  I am going to decide if I can afford
>just the konis and Neuspeed springs.  If not I will get the Bilsteins and a
>swaybar or stressbar.
>
>Ryan Bailey
>1985 Wolfsburg Edition

Good luck - get the lower front stressbar($40 for an effective one,
Bellview Motor Sports, Eurosport) no matter what - it makes a surprising
difference!  The 85 Wolfsburg has a LOT in common with most Rabbits, BTW.
You're lucky to have lots of Rabbits in your local junkyard!

I.Mannix
- --