Re: Mk1 airdams, anyone?

> So now I'm stuck.  The little chin spoiler that my 78 came with is long
> gone and I'd really like one of the airdams.  JCWhitney used to sell one.
> Anyone know if they still do and how good they are/fit?  Any other sources?

     As far as other airdams versus the Kamei, make sure to find out that
isnt fiberglass.  I had one and they are much less flexible than ABS
plastic.  If you slightly hit the dam on a curb or something, it wont
bend, but rather crack.  My Kamei has proved much more flexible than my
previous Zender unit.  The Kamei seems to hang the lowest of all the ones
I have seen too.  Also, should you find one dont use the metal brackets to
fasten it to the chin of the car.  Cuz if you do, and you hit something,
you are sure to break it.  I believe I got my Kamei from a company that
advertised in the old VW&P, something like Anything LTD.  If you cant find
it I can try to dig it up for y'all.

 Andre'
 Neon Green 79

- --