painting the valve cover

I was bored last night, so I picked up a can of Chevy Orange #200 (I think
that's what it's called) engine block paint.  I was gonna clean up an extra
valve cover I picked up at the junkyard and see how it looked that color.
(I picked that particular color cuz it's about as close as I can get to the
Martian Red of my car.)  Probably be a pretty good match

Has anyone out there painted a valve cover on a 'Rocco?  How'd it look?  I
was gonna paint many of the brackets, the timing belt cover, and the
radiator shroud, too.  But not orange, though.  What color would look best
on them?  Black?  High-gloss?  If I paint my car white later, what all
should be white under the hood?  Anything?  Thanks for the opinions.

Dan
'86 8v red martian (for now)

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net
  http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/