Re: S2 weight

At 10:07 AM 9/7/98 -0500, Daniel A. Nowlan wrote:
>>As soon as we are done with the engine swap, I am going to weigh
>>it.
>
>Where do you guys get your cars weighed?  Are you pulling into truck stops
>and weigh stations or something?

That's good for general weights, but those scales are'nt terribly
accurate(close enough, but next time on it, roll back and forth until you
get a number you like;).  Gravel pits/places which sell large quantities of
stuff to people with big trucks will often weigh your car - same as a truck
stop scale(I don't know what would happen if you went to a weigh station
and asked to weigh).  I weigh my car at the National Tours, where the
scales are out and any competitor can use them.  Yet another benefit to
being an SCCA member;).  Race shops(look in the yellow pages) might have
scales; if you called and asked nicely, they might weigh your car/let you
know how much it would be, etc.  The hardest part is getting the scales out
- - it would be a PITA to drag the scales out just to weigh  a street car.
You'd probably have to catch them with the scales already out.

I.Mannix
- --