Re: tires

on my 81 Scirocco S I've got 15x6.5 konig tuners, and Yoko a509's
195/50VR15's. I got them used, and they work great! stick like crazy, and
actually wear pretty slow. I've put about 10k miles on the tires (they were
at the wear bar when i got them :) and they are still like JUST passed the
bar. I've got at least 5k more miles until they're corded. I just cant
drive in rain! But I live in SoCal so i dont care. But they're great tires,
and cheap too!
I'm thinking about getting the Pirelli Pzero Asymetrico's in 195/50 next,
they're only 74 bucks!!!! Look like killer tires. comments??
or pirelli P700z or Dunlop D40m2's

At 12:38 AM 9/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>Ok I have a question you you all. I have my sweet '81 Scirocco S with 15
BBS (6.5?) 195/50ZR15 Yokohama AVS Intermediates. I have had them for a
long time. (put on in 4/96, tires that is) In like 11/96 i got the new
engine (2.0 eurospec 42x35 valves, 272 cam) Since then I have put around
26000 on the new engine.(new spedo with new engine)  So I would guess that
would put about 35+ on my AVS total. (I bought my truck in early nov '97
and have put 20K+ on it) (did not drive the 'rocco so hard) Well needles to
say I have enjoyed these tires but I remember my brother's 2002 that had
comp ta's that stuck like glue. I mean you had to heat the pavement to get
the car to move. While I love these tires and all I just wanted is to
hear/read what you all had to say about the subject.