Re: Handle

Daniel A. Nowlan wrote:

> NICHOLAS ISAAC wrote:
> >
> > I just ripped the handle (black) off the right hand side of my 87' 16v
> > rocco. Does anyone have a spare one? I'd be very interested.
>
> Speaking of handles, are these things prone to breakage?  I've replaced
> both of them on my 'Rocco.  And they're still not much better!

Yes indeed they are! They break all the time. Take 'em off, lube 'em up, spray
some lubricant into the door lock mechanism from outside and through the door
handle hole, too. Sometimes it's necessary to bend the little lever that the
door handle actuates up a little bit, after lubing everything and working it in
so that everything moves smoothly. If you do this, your door handles will work
great. Common problem on VW's. They break all the time.    -Josiah
    '83 Scirocco (for parts)
    '84 GTi (currently out of comission)
    '86 Scirocco 8v (broken frame)
    '87 QSW (daily driver)