New VWs

Well today my mailbox was full.. new issues of Automobile, C&D, & R&T.  All
of them have their "new for '99" features in this month's issue.

It seems certain now that the next Golf will come out of Wolfsburg.  R&T
says so, this is about the 3rd or 4th time that's been written recently.
All 3 of them say that both the Jetta and GTI will get the VR6 - the Jetta
will even offer it as an option in the GLS.. no mention of a 1.8T in either
car, just the NB GLX and (continuing in) the Passat.

I'm very anxious to see how they equip the US-spec GTI VR6.. will we get
the true Recaro interior of the German car?  16" wheels and "real" tires??!

- --
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0