[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tips for IDing an Unmarked Cop Car!
- Subject: Re: Tips for IDing an Unmarked Cop Car!
- From: Vic Watson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:08:10 +0100
On Aug 25, 6:16pm, jason. miller wrote:
> Just wondering what everyone uses when they're flying down a road at
> a "fun" speed to check for unmarked cars?
Tips I use for identifying unmarked baconwagen (NB - this is for UK, might not
apply in US) :-
- - No hubcaps. Alloy wheels or plain steel only.
- - Multiple mirrors. The passenger usually has his own rear-view mirror.
- - No tow bars.
- - No "GB"-type stickers, no "Kill your speed" stickers, and they have
definitely never seen the "lions of Longleat".
- - Accelerate _quickly_ to about 80 or so when coming on from a slip road - very
definite of purpose.
- - Never drive too close to anyone. In fact, anyone driving like they've read
"Roadcraft" is a prime suspect.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org,
with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.