Rear Hatch Speakers-Need Help

Any audiophiles out there want to advise me on a good choice of speakers
for the rear hatch area?

I have cutouts for  6X9 speakers in one of the luggage covers already...
but I'm partial to bass and have a lugguge cover that is unaltered that I
could use for another set-up... I'm on a budget so I was wondering if
there was some way to achieve decent bass by using the rear area as the
enclosure?

I'm sticking to the 4x6 speakers for the front for now ( got a great deal
at Fry's on a Kenwood two-way for $29.95 that are a closeout item).

Any ideas?

David
- --