Suspension Opinions

	It just never ends, does it?  I got to drive my Scirocco today for
the first time in a long time thanks to alot of gremlin chasing.  But,
since this can never be simple I have a few questions for you. If I am
turning and hit any kind of bumb my steering wheel shakes fairly
violently.  I feel like I have no contact with the road.

	So, it would seem it is time to replace some suspension stuff now.
Here is where an opinion is needed.  I am not real worried about
performance right now, as I can not really afford it.  What can I get away
with?  My car has about 124K mi.  Can I just replace the front shocks, and
not worry about the springs?  Do they last that long?  I know I should do
more, but I am trying to be cheap right now.

	Also, I should know this, but I have not been paying enough
attention I guess.  We have struts on the front, and shocks on the rear
right?  Well, that about settles it for now.

Thanks again,

Matt Willey
'84 Sc--ir--oc--co  (Bounce implied)
'88 Mustang 'Vert