From: "Aaron D. Patton" <apatton1@airmail.net>
To: <HOTGTX@aol.com>, <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>, <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:28:00 -0600

According to Greg Raven in the original VW Water-cooled Perf. Handbook
the
OEM Mann filter and the Fram PH2870A are two of the only full-flow
filters
to meet the factory specified 32 PSI pressure differential for the
opening
of the by-pass valve. I have never seen any other tests of this, but his
info really does seem to be pretty accurate over all. I dunno.....<shrug>

Aaron
'79 Scirocco S - FOR SALE (in Dallas, Texas)
'93 Corrado SLC