Exhaust (revisited)

Yes I realize that this topic has been discussed before, but I think that I
am asking something a little different.  First off, how difficult is it to
install an exhaust system from the head back.  Do I purchase a system
already made for my car or should I have a shop mantrel bend one for me.

As I was taking out the gas tank today, one of the pipes cracked.  Hence, I
was left with the idea of replacing the system since I already have the
motor and everything else apart.  Now the next question, I think that from
previous discussions that I will go with the 2.25" pipes but what muffler
shall I do with?  I don't want something too exotic, just a low hum so that
you can hear me and no motorcycle noises either.  I can't remember where I
saw this but I think that somewhere on the web there is a page with various
sounds.  I don't remember where it is, so if anyone remembers, please lemme
know.  And if this has been discussed at great length, just direct and
assist me with gentle care.  THANK YOU.

Regards,

Sal (very frustrated and carless for quite sometime)

81 Scirocco
84 Rabbit

- -It's only wrong if you get caught.   -JMK

- -We are all prostitutes.   -Me

- --