Re: window tint - I have a vision of the future

At 08:55 PM 10/22/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I'm gonna mash this ' pulled over for overly dark windows'  post and the
>recent LCD thread together and ponder an old thought of mine;
>
>How about Liquid Crystal Variable Tint Enhancements?
>
>Could be variably adjusted from the driver's seat with a quick twist of a
>dial.
>Could auto-adjust based on outside ambient light.
>Could auto-adapt to lights ON/OFF settings.

I wanted to do this years ago, and there are films that can be adjusted
electronically(don't remember who makes it now). But the prices were pretty
steep per square foot. Maybe they're cheaper now, I haven't looked into it
in a while. Then its just a matter of wiring up your own control
system(this wouldn't be too bad of a electronics project).

Brad

- --