The GTI bumper thread returns...

To answer some of your questions as best as i can, the bumpers he used for
the conversion were from, front a 90-92 Golf(but jetta front is the same),
and the rear was from a 90-92 Jetta.  I like what he did, but my only
complaint was the front bumper, it just didn't fit flush with the wheel
arch.

	But, for all you out there considering this treatment, there is a
solution.  A company called Siedl Tuning in germany has a kit out for the
scirocco.  it has the front and rear bumpers which look like GTI kits but
fit very well.  i just got the info on them today.  they look really nice.
But i don't know the price yet, and i'm not sure i want to.

	I also saw a german VW mag the other day that had a yellow mk2 rocco with
the cabriolet bumpers, looked kinda cool too.  just another idea.

Owen
87 16v
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571

I was just wondering about that scirocco on the scirocco page that is a
vr6.. how did he make those bumpers fit from the gti? also what year do you
think that bumper was?? i like the way it looks very much.. IMHO
Thanx Again
- -Jeff
'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Cabriolet