Re: Content [none]

At 12:24 AM 10/22/98 EDT, Shawn C Meze wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:26:43 -0500 "Zach Vrooman" <zach@discover-net.net>
>writes:
>>When you operate your finely-tuned machine, you should be leaning
>>towards the passenger side of the vehicle. This will improve your
handling

>I find this extremely amusing.

 Stuck it on his bumper all thru
>the twisties. he kept trying harder and harder and the more he tried, the
>more he leaned over into the passenger seat on right hand turns. Its just
>funny.

It is funny - I live in a new house, since the one you visited, Shawn(gosh
I miss that place....), lots of "profilers" down here, left hand draped at
1o'clock, elbow in the passenger seat, hat on backwards/sideways, abusing
bumpstops, whole nine yards.

However, ever see Stacey Reitmeir drive?  She can be found in one of many
Porsches, but the last time I saw her drive(and I'd heard, so I watched),
she LEANS HUGE!!!!  It is hysterical - practically comes out the driver's
side window on left turns, her head is visible in the middle of the car on
rights(if she is driving toward you).  Comical, but you can't argue with
her results, she often cleans up on the boys:).  I remember working the
course at a Tour a while back, she'd exit a right hander to my right,
tranistion into a left sweeper - so I'd look, say, east, she'd be driving
at me in a right arc, I'd rotate CCW to watch her finish the right arc &
transition into the left.  OK, wow, she leans around a lot.  She chucked it
into the left, was carrying a LOT of speed, as she approached the gate
directly in front of me, all four wheels lost traction simultaneously - the
car drifted laterally/out, but it was strange - she was just sticking her
head out the window, leaning(ok, maybe not OUT the window;), car loses
traction - it was as if someone turned on a big Hoover directly opposite
me.  Strange.  Watch 40ish cars go through the same corner, get used to the
path, probably a bit glassy eyed, eahhh, wrong way wrong way.....laugh, it
was weird.

Point?  Eh, none.  Some do lean for seemingly good reason, I guess.  OK,
ONE leans for good reason.  She kicks ass, too.  Profiling, beeatch.  Word
up.  Something like that, I think.

I.Mannix

- --