Re: NonROC... What VW dreams R made of (Passat Wagon)

Passat Wagon!  You old man!  Just kidding!  I just bought a 90 with 90k miles.
Only big downer is that it's burning oil like Saddam leaving Kuwait.  2.0 16v
motor.  Smokes alot on start up, plugs look great, light blue stuff at idle, not
alot of smoke driving...Valve stem seals?  Valve guides?  Can I fix without taking
the head off?  Will I be wasting my time replacing the seals and not the guides?
We're talking a quart of oil every 600miles.

jim