Quaife ATB differentials for $895.

Recently I mentioned I was looking into getting my hands on some Quaife ATB
(Automatic Torque Biasing) differentials and being able to sell them for
less than Autotech.  At this point, the best I can do is about $895, which
is $200 less than Autotech and does NOT afford me diddly-squat for a profit
margin.  Note: this price is for the 020 series transmissions only, not the
Corrado or 02A trans.

Please e-mail me if you are SERIOUSLY interested in a deal like this.  It
may be necessary to have people prepay, otherwise I have to come up with a
large sum of cash (out of my own pocket, even) to purchase them in quantity.

For those of you who are tempted but not really sure, here's a "reality
check": purchasing and getting a Quaife ATB differential installed is NOT
cheap!  If you remove the transmission from the car yourself, you still
should be prepared to pay approximately $300 in labor (depending on who does
it for you) to have one installed as it involves a complete teardown of the
gearbox.  At that point, if you have a lot of miles on the trans it might
make sense to replace bearings or synchros which could further increase the
cost.

This begs the question: is it worth it?  If you autocross or race your car,
yes.  If you have a modified engine with a lot of power and like to drive it
"at the edge", yes.  If you have less than premium rubber on your car, spend
your money on good tires first.

- -Bradley
Tornado Red '86 S16V 2.0 liter, etc, etc.
Flash Silver '87 S16V "bone stock"

http://effervescent.com/vw/

- --