Re: Lights and Tires

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same vehicle, but I have seen
in the UK many of the camper-van versions of the Transporter ( the one
with the engine under the floor) with lights that look exactly the same
as the early MKII sciroccos.  The inner small lights are not H4 pattern
lenses but I think are fog lights: the lenses have quite a thick
vertical rib across the full width, which gives a wider shorter beam
than the later lights.  I had an '82 GL auto with these lights and they
were wired as fogs.  My 85 Storm has inner lamps with a similar lens
pattern to the main lights and which are wired as full-beam driving
lights.

Cheers,

Ewan.
'85 2.0 Storm
'86 1.8 GT

>Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:36:28 -0400
>Subject: Lights and Tires
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>From: tudor@tvo.org (Michael Helms)
>
>Hi everyone,
>
>I had to take a nail out of my beautiful Good Year Eagle NCT/2 this
>morning.  I hate flat tires.  :-(  Just thought I would share that.
>
>I had a thought the other day ... would the headlights from a late
model
>Vanagon (say, an '87 or '88) fit the Scirocco?  They _look_ like
European
>spec Scirocco headlights, though I'm sure they aren't exactly the same.
>haven't had a chance to actually measure a set ... I just though that
I'm