RE: VW magazines

There is a good book out there called "The Watercooled Volkswagen
Performance Handbook" or something very close to it.  It is by Greg Raven,
published by Motor Books International.  It talks a lot about what you can
do and really gets into the meat of things.  I would recommend it.  It's
kind of old (includes Corrado & 16v reference, but not A3), but the basics
don't change.  If you can, I would recommend buying it.  There is a new
edition in the works in which the focus is shifting toward the A3.  For A1
people like us, I think it is worthwhile having both.

HTH

Damien