Re: it is the fuel pump????

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:11:25 EDT Farmracer@aol.com writes:

>now a question. on that banjo fitting there is some sort of pressure
spring.
>how much pressure is nescessary to open this? cause if I remove the
fitting
>altogether, fuel kinda dribbles out, but I think that is just the feed
from
>the transfer pump. what I am saying is I would hate to put a pump on the
car
>if this check valve thing is bad. my gut feeling is that the pump is bad
>though :(  it just does not seem to do much. it runs but that is not to
say
>that it works.
>
>TIA

The fuel accumulator does nothing but store fuel pressure so when you
start the car, it has instant fuel pressure and you dont have to crank
for a minute for the fuel pump to catch up. If its bad, it wont stop the
fuel from flowing thru it. If you've narrowed it down to a fuel pump,
then its time to bite the bullet nd buy a new one. :(
But at least it will run for you. :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and