it is the fuel pump????

okay, so the transfer pump checks out, and fuel is getting to the main pump.
getting to. not getting past. I thought at first it was the pressure
accumulator, but after removing that banjo fitting from the main pump, there
was no fuel.

now a question. on that banjo fitting there is some sort of pressure spring.
how much pressure is nescessary to open this? cause if I remove the fitting
altogether, fuel kinda dribbles out, but I think that is just the feed from
the transfer pump. what I am saying is I would hate to put a pump on the car
if this check valve thing is bad. my gut feeling is that the pump is bad
though :(  it just does not seem to do much. it runs but that is not to say
that it works.

TIA

Ken
FS 4 93 Mustang LX 5.0