Re: Poly Strut Mounts

> Greetings everyone,
> I just joined the list and it is cutting into my day. So perhaps my fellow
> Scirocco owners can help. Does anyone know where I can get Polyurethane
> susp. bits PARTICULARLY strut bearings. My New York City 86 8v goes through
> bearings in 6 months even with fancy shmancy Bilsteins. I am tired of
> swapping bearings and two years of searching have yielded only the
> possibility of ordering a production run. I find this hard to believe ther
> must be a solution.
> Please.
> Thanks
> Barry

Here's the deal....the reason why they are no longer available is because
VW (or one of their suppliers) stopped making the metal holders.  The reason
VW was making them is because the assembly was part of all the stock
suspension strut bushings on 77 and older rabbits, and all dashers.  Of
course the factory used rubber, but shops like autotech filled em with poly.

Sooo, go junk yarding.  Get the metal portion of the bushings and order the
poly inserts (still available as far as I know) from autotech.  Go along now,
and take your little brother with you. :-)

==Brett
- --