Re: {non-religion} sources for a 2.0 sb

> Subject: Re: {non-religion} sources for a 2.0 sb
>
> I have a question to add. Is it best to use a 2.0L 16V bottom end or
> will any 2.0L bottom end work just as well.  I know there is a
> difference in the oiling system between the 16V 1.8 and 8V 1.8  Are
> there any differences between the 2.0L?

>                    Kris Rayner

I have heard that the A3 2.0 blocks share the same oil and coolent passages
that the 1.8 & 2.0 16v engines...so deductive reasoning says that an A3
2.0 block should mate up to a 1.8 or 2.0 16v head...however...aren't the
A3 blocks 10mm taller for some reason?  Or is the added height all in the
tall block (cross-flow head)?  Something to think about anyway. Ask around
the engine shops with real experience like Techtonics, BSI, or Shine.

==Brett
- --