Re: Rocco Sightings (was "Where?")

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 10:44:24 -0800 David Schrimpf <david@cybermail.net>
writes:

>I live in Southern California and I have NEVER seen a good looking
>Scirocco in real life.

You need to get out more dude! :)

Come to an autox and you can usually see at least 2 at the Cal Club
events, sometimes more. San Diego events you will find just mine at the
autox since everybody else in this city are a bunch of non driving
pussies. (<whining> I might hity a c-c-c-c-cone.....wah!)

Most of the so-cal list members have really nice Rocs. Kevins (Fryguy)
Roc is still under construction (arent we all?) which is probably the
least impressive I guess in "looks" if you want to clssify that as a
fault. Its not rusted, it just has older paint is all. Not bad really
either but its come along way since the first time I saw it and it gets
better all the time. (I'll still kick his butt tho!LOL! )

We even have a winning MK-II showcar here in San Diego with Ken's Roc AND
ive even seen it driving down the road so its not a garage queen waiting
for the next show to come along. It gets driven.

Iv'e met guys with 2.0L MK-II's along the way while driving around. Even
came upon a red 16V one night with a black light over their heads at
night that looked pretty damn funky to me. Lit up the interior all wierd.
I still waved at him as I went by.

When I do spot a Roc, most of the time its a decent looking Roc. I've
seen more ratty thrashed Rocs up in the Orange/L.A. region than here in
SD. Pisses me off to see that.

Get_out_more dude! :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and