Re: Rocco Sightings (was "Where?")

At 10:44 AM 10/11/98 -0800, David Schrimpf wrote:
>I.Mannix said:
>
>> I.Mannix(saw a Scirocco this morning, a Mk2, heap-o-crap, he drove really
>> slow, and HAD to be in my lane - no matter what lane, it was far better
>> than the one he was in.  Sigh.  Eventually got around him......)
>
>I live in Southern California and I have NEVER seen a good looking
Scirocco in
>real life. Mine is in good running condition but it looks pretty used.
Scirocco
>sightings are relatively rare for me so I get pretty excited when I see one
>but they never look like the pictures I've seen of some people's roccos on
the
>internet. I've seen a couple that looked decent for a 15 year old car but
I've
>never seen one that made me think the owner was a real car enthusiast. I
>usually think they're just people who needed a really cheap running car and
>saw an ad in the classifieds.
>Actually there is one pretty nice looking Mk1 that's usually parked at my
>school but I think it has a VTEC sticker on it or something.
>
>- David Schrimpf    (david@cybermail.net)
>- '85 Scirocco  8V  Wolfsburg Edition

Yeah, it's too bad.  But face it- Sciroccos are great little sporty cars at
an affordable price.  So, they get bought by a lot of people who just beat
the hell out of them and don't take good care of them.  Most of the ones I
see up my way are trashed, but there are a few good ones(usually 16Vs).  I
used to get comments on my 16V all the time about how good it looked and
all that with the occasional "must be nice to have money".  ??? 4k Doesn't
sound like a lot of money( this was 4 years ago), I guess they thought it
was an expensive car.

JohnÝWorden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84Ý Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)
- --