Re: Rocco Sightings (was "Where?")

At 01:54 PM 10/11/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/11/98 1:45:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>david@cybermail.net writes:
>
><< I live in Southern California and I have NEVER seen a good looking
Scirocco
>in
> real life. >>
>Thanks DAVID, that was a great segway to get BACK on the subject!!   What I'd
>like to add is this:  You should see the difference in the quality of cars
>when you go from the RustBelt where I lived to my current home in NC.  I love
>not really having to worry about "was it driven in the winter" etc etc etc.
>Heheheh..  I'd say that most scirocco's/rabbits/etc that I see definitely
show
>their age but it sure is nice to see one that blows your mind.

  Yes you can find some really nice cars in the South, I bought my 87 16V
in Atlanta in 94 or 95, and that thing was pretty much immaculate. It had a
few spots where the clearcoat was cracking, but other than that, the paint
looked really good, the interior was in great shape, it didn't look like an
8 year old car. And now it is on So Cal., and I have to really disagree
with David, I have seen quite a few that look like they are really well
kept up. Dougs, Kevins, Ians, Potters, even Shawns!, all look pretty good,
and you can tell they are owned by enthusiasts. Mine while pretty stock
looking compared to the other guys, is very clean. If you saw it driving
around, you would be impressed with it. You have to look over it pretty
close to notice any real problems with it.

Brad

- --