Subject: Re: Xenon bulbs / U.S. spec lights
Author:  (INTERNET)owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org at external
Date:    10/9/98 9:32 PM

At 1:48 am +0000 9/10/98, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>mustang drivers, All the shops I deal with sell the super-white
>bulbs, much like the Mercedes and new Lexuses come with, those are
>some amazing bulbs! driving next to a Lexus last night i stayed 1/2
>a car length behind him becuase his whites were lightign upthe road
>like daylight, and my sealed beams looked pale yellow in comparason.
>For the money i'd recommed the super-whites, Xenon charged bulbs
>are outrageous in cost..or..

No, we've gone over this before.  The HID systems on the new Lexii, MBZs,
BMWs, Lincolns, etc *do not use bulbs*.  Here's how they work: the light
comes from an arc of electricity between 2 electrodes in a xenon-charged
lense.  The arc requires 20,000V which is why these systems are so
expensive (you need the transformer that comes with them).

- --
- --