a 4 transmission code?

	has anyine ever heard of such a thing?  that's what i have
right now in my jetta.  unfortunately, the diff is crapping out on me, so
i'll be looking for a new tranny today.

	my mechanic told me that there was a bunch of '91 8V trannies that
chewed themselves out a couple of years ago due to improper clamping of
the spider gears or something to that effect.

	well, the tranny in my car is apparently from a 1991 golf gti, and
since the car had been sitting for over a year before i got my hands on
it, it apparently extended the life of the diff that much longer...lucky
me :(

	anyways, this'll be my 4th transmission that will be mounting up
to this motor.  4!  i'm a little pissed off right now...thanks for the
info...

jason
the mad bastard

- --