Tires

What size tires do you guys reccomend running on the 14" rims?  I live
in Michigan (pot hole heaven) and have separate wheels for snow tires.
(I know you  guys in CA have no idea what snow is:-) )  I know I'll get
answers from really cheap to really exotic, but keep in mind, I work at
the YMCA, no one gets rich working there.  I'm looking for something
moderately priced and good performing.

Thanks,

Grid & Stew

- --