Re: Xenon bulbs / U.S. spec lights

Hello,

>Those bulbs that you're calling the Xenon bulbs, are just normal bulbs
>with a bluish covering on them. My friend had a pair in his 16v for
>about 30 mins. before he took them out and gave them away. They do not
>promote better lighting, they actually make it worse.

probably we are talking about different products.
These bulbs (Philips H4 allweather UV) I sent to Mark (and use myself) are
not color-coated
but emit much ultraviolet light in addition. (makes them look a bit blue)
This UV helps illuminating things through fog or rain
(as reflectors of childrens-wear for example)
ItĄs not a real big difference but at least a little improvement you can
afford.

>Last but not least, and I'm not trying to be insulting to you, they do look
>stupid.  But I guess if your aim is emulating the slammed Civic Rice-Boy
>look, thats your call.

I donĄt even know exactly what a "rice boy " looks like on my side
of the Atlantic. And it might be not important and I don't care a damn.
If you find my Scirocco look stupid because I use bulbs that are a common
and recommended article here, gehts mir echt am Arsch vorbei. ( I really
donĄt care )

also with a friendly =;-)

> Dirk
> '83 53b GTX   Great This Xenon !  :)
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^not to be taken too serious !

>>Frankly, yes. That takes all the fun out of speeding through residential
>>areas late at night!
>Damn, Brad... that's not... <ahem>  um, heh, Gee, that's really... not...
><ahem>  funny.  Bwwwwwwwwwwhahahahahahah!!    =)
><ahem>  Not funny.

LOL - thanks for bringing some fun in this thread.
Dirk

- --