Re: Tapets prob

About your first problem... sounds like a transfer pump problem. When the tank gets low,
the primary fuel pump has trouble sucking the fuel out of the tank... that's supposed to
be the transfer pump's job. Of course, it never hurts to replace the fuel filter.
The second thing... usually you will get valve noise after running low on oil, and you
will get valve noise forevermore, until you replace the guides or something like that..
no, it's lifters, that's it. (Can you tell that I know what I'm talking about??) But a
lot of VW's just do that... you should hear the 5 cylinders after you run them low on
oil once! Or a Saab 16v engine... what a racket! Enough of that... don't worry about it
unless it REALLY annoys you. The other thing that can sound like that sometimes is a
leak at the exhaust manifold.
    Good luck!
    -Josiah