From: "Aaron D. Patton" <apatton1@airmail.net>
To: "Kevin Collins" <collinsk@sprintmail.com>,"Dirk Schneider"
<SCIROCCO@t-online.de>
Cc: <ewanhopkins@hotmail.com>, <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: Xenon bulbs / U.S. spec lights
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:53:45 -0500

Dirk (and everybody else following this thread),
Sorry to say it, but in the US the only legal headlight colors are white,
yellow/white, and yellow.  Blue is not a legal headlight color.
What about MB and BMW and Lincoln you ask?  Don't they have HID
headlights
that cast blue light?  No, they don't cast blue light, the light they do
cast is simply SO white that it looks blue.
What about all the Rice-Boys, you ask?  Around here (Dallas, TX) cops
have
started ticketing a few of the blue headlight boys.
And despite what you say about their safety they do not project as bright
beam of light as the stock halogens on ANY of the cars in which I have
seen
them installed.
Last but not least, and I'm not trying to be insulting to you, they do
look
stupid.  But I guess if your aim is emulating the slammed Civic Rice-Boy
look, thats your call.
This is all IMHO, and said with a friendly :-)>!

Aaron
'79 Scirocco S - FOR SALE (in Dallas, TX)
'93 Corrado SLC