Re: Mexican vs German

" Whereas people with A1/A2 models seem to be forever rationalizing the
buzzes, squeaks and rattles as part of the VW charm.  I don't find them
charming.  I have a couple of A1s that are for fun. "

What "buzzes, squeaks and rattles"? My 1982 Scirocco is tight and rattle
free. Of course, it has new suspension bushings, motor mounts, etc. - as
any car this old should. Proper maintenance is the key. (stepping down
off my soapbox)

My 1987 Golf GT (made in USA) has a bubch of rattles and buzzes though.

I understand that VW put a big push on quality on the (Mexican) A3s, the
same should be true on the A4. If you read the press, they seem to have
achieved this. This was not the case when I bought my 1990 Jetta GL - I
chose the German made Jetta over the Mexican Golf because of quality
concerns - even though I prefer the hatchback.

Mark . . .
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Scirocco 1978
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/marc.htm