Euro Lights and thieves..

Just installed my euro lights today.  Damn those things are BRIGHT!!  I
love them.  It took me forever to do it and it's nowhere near as clean as I
wanted to do it but it was getting late when I finished so I'm gonna go
back and redo some of it.  Still need to hook up the city lights and
doublecheck all the wiring.

I don't have a radio right now in my scirocco but am going to get one soon.
 I'm thinking about getting the Eclipse head units.  Anyone have any
thoughts on that?  They have a 1 year theft warranty, if it's stolen, they
replace it for free.  It's because they have that Security feature where if
the power is disconnected, the unit doesn't work until you put in your
'coded' CD.  You pick the CD.  Even with that though, I'm thinking about
installing the radio in the glovebox and just leave a mess of wires in the
stock radio hole.  Make it look like the radio is already stolen.  Good
idea?  Everyone I know that has a scirocco has had a radio stolen.  It
seems like just the scirocco's get broken into.  I've never heard so many
broken into stories on any other VW.

I have a friend who wherever he goes, unplugs the coil wire.  Most thieves
won't go through the trouble of checking under the hood if the car won't
start.

Aaron..
'87 16v..