Re: Switch to Amp

In a message dated 11/29/98 11:11:32 PM Pacific Standard Time, nisaac@home.com
writes:

>  I just finished building a box for my Crankenstein 12" sub, and the
>  thump that thing gives out is unbelievable. Currently however, I have to
>  keep on disconnecting the fuse to my 500w amp because it is always
>  draining. There is no remote for a stereo on the Rocco so I was thinking
>  of installing a switch to turn of the power to the amp from the comfort
>  of my seat. Any listers done this before? Any suggestions?

Quick brainstorming says-

1. Rear window defroster switch.
2. Relay.
3. Medium gauge wire from switch to activate relay.
4. Large gauge wire from power to relay to amp.

The light built into the switch will help to remind you that it is draining
power. Also- it looks stealthy, which is a good thing.

Other options include a different relay setup that will drop the power to the
amp when you switch the car off.

It's late, I'm sleepy. email me for more info.

TBerk