Switch to Amp

I just finished building a box for my Crankenstein 12" sub, and the
thump that thing gives out is unbelievable. Currently however, I have to
keep on disconnecting the fuse to my 500w amp because it is always
draining. There is no remote for a stereo on the Rocco so I was thinking
of installing a switch to turn of the power to the amp from the comfort
of my seat. Any listers done this before? Any suggestions?