1.8 an 2.0 / Forced Induction

     I am looking at purchasing an '87 16v. It's tornado red, a
wolfsburg edition, black leather, power everything, and has a nice set
of wheels. I was told it has a ported/polished head, on a 2.0 long rod
jetta block. The injection is from a '93 passat (Motronic KE ??) With
the fuel distributor on the other side of the engine. The work was done
mainly by shops and was a very clean conversion. If this person is
correct it has a 1.8 head on the 2.0 long rod block. At the price he is
asking and the condition/mods on the vehicle I would buy it either way.
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about mixing these two motors?
I've heard there can sometimes be problems with getting the water
jackets to match up. I get the impression there are a lot of
knowledgeable people on this list and would welcome an appreciate any
info you may have. Also, does anyone know of any turbo or
supercharers/kits available for the 16v.
Thanks!!